Part time position based in Jasper, AL
Please email Resume and Cover Letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Position Summary: Assist individuals with disabilities, of all ages, in Walker County to set and meet their independent living goals,
Job Requirements: Minimum of High School Diploma, some college preferred. Must agree to a criminal background check. Personal experience with disability preferred. Demonstrated commitment to independent living philosophy. Must have knowledge of community resources. Must have good interpersonal, communication, and peer mentoring skills. Must be able to work with diverse populations. Must be adaptable while still being task-oriented. Must have initiative. Must be willing to learn more about civil rights laws and services for people with disabilities. Must have access to reliable transportation. Must be able to document services provided. Must have basic knowledge of computer operations including MS Office.
- Provide core independent living services to a cross-disability population, including individual advocacy, peer support (individual and group), independent living skills training, and information and referral, and transition.
- Assist consumers in establishing independent living goals, provide support towards meeting the stated goal, and document goal attainment.
- Advocate for equal access for people with disabilities in Walker County. Support Disability Rights and Resources advocacy goals and activities.
- Provide information and referral to the community.
- Document consumer activities and consumer demographics, contacts, goals, community activities and other data in accordance with agency standards.
- Maintain Consumer Service Records in accordance with Disability Rights and Resources and funder requirements.
- Work in a collaborative and professional manner with service providers, government agencies, private sector, consumers, and coworkers.
- Other duties as assigned.
Date posted: 10/4/18