Home Modification

  • We assist people with disabilities make their homes more accessible by removing architectural barriers. Within the City of Birmingham, such modifications include ramp construction, widening doorways, installing grab bars, and installing visual alarm systems.
  • Chris Jones–Home Modification Specialist (City of Birmingham)
    Phone: (205) 251-2223, ext 114
    Email:  chris.jones@drradvocates.org

Birmingham Home Mod App


Equal Opportunity Logo


  • Residents of Jefferson (outside of Birmingham), Shelby, St. Clair, Blount and Walker Counties may be eligible for a grant to pay for the construction of a wheelchair ramp, steps, or handrails.
  • Chris Jones–Volunteer Home Modification Coordinator for Blount County, Walker County, Shelby County, St. Clair County, and Jefferson County (outside Birmingham)
    Phone: (205) 251-2223
    Email:  chris.jones@drradvocates.org