Nursing Home Transition

  • Nursing Home Transition service is available to nursing home residents in Jefferson, Shelby, St. Clair, Blount and Walker Counties who express a desire to return to the community, regardless of age or disability.
  • Contact:
    • Birmingham Office:
    • Wendy Whitbred – Community Transition Advocate
      Phone: (205) 251-2223, ext. 110
  • The Alabama Community Transition (ACT) Waiver will provide services to individuals with disabilities or long term illnesses who currently live in a nursing facility and who desire to transition to the home and community setting.