The 2018 Magic Chocolate Challenge is set for Thursday, June 21 at Regions Field. Mark your calendar.
THANK YOU FOR MAKING THE 2017 Magic City Chocolate Challenge a Success!!
We asked you to help us make the 3rd Annual Magic City Chocolate Challenge a Success, and you did! Despite severe weather conditions earlier in the day, several hundred people attended, and sampled chocolate dishes prepared by Birmingham’s best. Winners of the 2017 competition were:
Anna Claire Tucker Won Best Dressed Table AND Most Creative Use of Chocolate
Cosecha Urban Kitchen Won Most Delectable Chocolate Dish
Ivory Le’Shore’s Gourmet Bread Pudding and Cheesecakes repeated as the People’s Choice Award Winner
Thank you to the competitors who participated in the 2017 Magic City Chocolate Challenge:
- Anna Claire making a lemon lavender white chocolate tartlet
- Babalu Tapas & Tacos creating a cayenne chocolate truffle
- Carrabba’s Italian Grille delivering segro di cioccolata – a rich fudge brownie with chocolate mousse, fresh whipped cream and chocolate sauce
- Cosecha Urban Kitchen
- Dena’s Cakes serving chocolate pound cake truffle
- Ivory Le Shore’s Gourmet Bread Puddings & Cheesecakes featuring made from scratch bread pudding and cheesecake
- K & J’s Elegant Pastries
- Repicci’s Italian Ice & Gelato concocting a chocolate fetish gelato
- Sky Castle presenting soft chocolate chip cookie, ice cream, & caramel sauce
- Taco Morro Loco creating pastel tres leches de chocolate three chocolate
- The Bright Star Restaurant showcasing their chocolate pie
- The Melting Pot dishing out chocolate fondue
- Naughty But Nice Kettle Corn Company
THANK YOU SPONSORS!
Disability Rights & Resources would like to thank our 2017 Magic City Chocolate Challenge Sponsors. Without your help, this event would not be possible. We appreciate all you have done for us!
- Avondale Brewing Company
- Blue Cross Blue Shield of Alabama
- Bud’s Best Cookies
- Buffalo Rock
- Cathead Vodka
- Crestline Catering Company
- Cohen Carnaggio Reynolds
- Regions Bank
- Servis 1st Bank
- Sprout Flower Market
- UAB Physical Medicine & Rehabilitation
2016 Magic City Chocolate Challenge Winners
- Ivory LeShore’s Gourmet Bread Pudding & Cheesecakes- White Chocolate Bread Pudding
- Bright Star Restaurant – Chocolate Cream pie
- Anna Claire Tucker- Dark Chocolate Peanut Butter Tartlets
K & J’s Elegant Pastries – Mini Chocolate Peanut Butter Cupcakes
Special thanks to all our sponsors, supporters, chefs, auction donors, volunteers, entertainers, judges, and event patrons! Your support makes this a great event!